Although values such as wellbeing and equity are universal, to be most effective social impact requirements should be driven by local needs. To support best practice we've set up a global social value group, with goals and metrics set at a regional and local level. Alongside our own ESG goals, we're helping our clients deliver real social impact through strategies, services and solutions.
Find out more about the services we offer to achieve your ESG goals
These key commitments will ladder up towards achieving our bigger ESG goals and our broader aim of delivering sustainable legacies for generations to come.
Global priorities backed by regional action plans
By establishing a global social value working group with each region represented, we've been able to define social value at AECOM and audit best social value practice across the organization. The group has developed global priorities complemented by regional action plans and identified an initial set of key performance indictors for ongoing measurement consideration.
1. To deliver social value through our business, empowering staff and delivering projects that proactively improve social value outcomes to individuals, communities and society in general
Non-gender diversity goals set for the end of 2022
We’ve also set non-gender diversity goals across the business for achievement by the end of 2022. To make sure we are meeting our ambition in this area, we are also undertaking an external Equality, Diversity & Inclusion accreditation process in 2022.
2. To ensure our teams reflect the diversity of the clients and communities we serve
Integrating social value in our projects
To enhance social value, advance diversity of our teams and further create positive impact for communities, we are partnering with small and minority owned businesses across our business.
3. To promote social equity, diversity and inclusion in our supply chain and communities through partnerships with small and minority-owned businesses
Helping the people of Ukraine
Following Russia's unlawful invasion of Ukraine, our teams quickly mobilized to support on-the-ground support efforts and we launched a US$100,000 global match campaign to further aid the relief efforts.
4. To make strategic community investments that positively impact clients and society, including through employee-driven community investment opportunities
Women comprise 18 percent of senior leadership roles and 33 percent of our overall workforce.
We continue to make progress on gender diversity targets with 33 percent of our overall workforce being women (target is 35 percent+) and 18 percent women in leadership roles (target is 20 percent +).
5. To ensure women comprise at least 20 percent of senior leadership roles and at least 35 percent of the overall workforce in the near term
We've implemented diversity-specific KPIs and associated near- and long-term targets in each region within our business
Recognizing that diversity looks different everywhere in the world, we have established KPIs and associated near- and long-term diversity targets in each region of our business.